Symposium “At the Medieval Table: Cooking, Cultures and Customs” organized by Mens et Mensa: Society for the Study of Food in the Middle Ages and hosted by Rutgers University, The State University of New Jersey.
- Location: New Brunswick, NJ
- Date: 18-19 October 2019
- Submit 150-word abstracts and one-page CV by 1 August 2019
- Contact: Ana Pairet
- See CFP below:
Proposals for papers or sessions may address any aspects of culinary and eating customs, culinary texts and artefacts, or artistic representations of food, cooking or eating in the Middle Ages. Papers are limited to 20 minutes reading/presentation time. Proposals for sessions or workshops must include: e-mail addresses; paper abstracts; and short c.v. of presenters and organizers. Deadline: August 1, 2019.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROPOSALS
To be considered, interested participants must provide by August 1, 2019:
- an abstract of 150 words
- a one-page c.v. indicating full name; institutional affiliation (if any); email address; postal address; telephone number
Please send paper abstract and c.v. as email attachments to Ana Pairet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that:
- Sessions will take place in the Academic Building, 15 Seminary Place, New Brunswick, N.J.
- All authors of proposals must be paid members of Mens et Mensa (USD $20 per year) http://mensetmensa.org/membership.html